Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Introducing Karina!



I was immeadiatly impressed by this 26 y/o from the Ukraine. As you can see, she's lovely, and you'll read about her ambition and smarts. From where I sit, if you're interested in young Karina, you'd better have your act together(she writes better english than me)! I sent Karina a series of questions, she returned the answers to me which are posted in their original form.



1)How old are you, what do you do for a living?
I’m 26 and I’m an interpreter. However, this year I’ve been accepted to the Kiev Medical University, to study for a
pharmacy coarse.

2)What do you do for fun?
Meet with friends. I love my friends. We have all sorts of fun, from wild night outs to having Table Game nights.

3)Have you ever thought of marrying a man from America?
Yes.

4) Why?
I think I can pretty much marry a man from anywhere in the world, just as long as our minds and souls suite each other. I don’t believe in borders and language barriers, you can communicate with anyone as long as it’s mutual and you like them.

5) Are you satisfied with your life? If you could change something, what would that be?
I like my life, no actually I love my life. Of course not everything is always just the way I want it, but hey, what’s the point of living if you don’t struggle? Besides, who I am, is what all the good and bad things I’ve ever been through had made me. If I could change something in my life?It will be three things: I’d go university right after i finished school, make my family a bit richer (so I wont have to worry about too many people at ones) and add a million bucks to my account, so my friends and I could take an extended holiday in Hawaii:).

6) Are their opportunities to advance in your job/career? If not, what are the limitations?
Yes of course the education is very accessible and not such a bad quality as some might think. When it comes to running your own business it gets more complicated though, so I’m looking at setting it outside my country someday.

7) Do you have dreams you believe you can fulfill in your country?
Some, yes, others not.

8) What qualities to you love about men from your country?
They can be very caring, supportive, attentive and super gentle.

9)WHat qualities don't you like?
Unfortunately, they can be just as violent.

10)What have you heard about men from foreign countries?
A lot, I met a lot of men from foreign countries and I know a lot about them, I know men from deferent parts of the world. Don’t get me wrong, no funny business, I just used to work as a bartender at some point, and that requires a lot of interacting and talking with customers that happened to be from around the world.

11) Do you know anyone who has married a man from Europe or America?
Yes, Ukrainians married to American, Indian, Chinese, African, European etc. Some I have just met before, and some are my friends.

12) If so, is that person happy? Why do they say they are happy?
Everybody is different, depends on how much they’re willing to compromise with each other I guess. It's just like any other maried couple, well maybe with the cultural differences still stand between them, that's why it’s important to be able to work with it.

Cheers!

No comments: