Friday, July 25, 2008

Another Filipina-American Success Story


Another love story between an American guy Chad and his new bride Lira. The press, our government and our society would have us believe their happiness is a fraud....To each her/his own....Chad and Lira
Reproduced from Filipino love stories

Our love story. This is the simplest and the shortest I can write of the most.
We met online on a dating site, cherryblossoms.com. He was 33 and I was 24 when our paths met. It was indeed a funny start as we we're just throwing jokes towards each other. On our first chat, Chad treated me as his girlfriend already without my knowledge. I just knew it on the following day of our chat. The fourth day of getting to know each other was a bit shattering. He told me he already purchased his plane tickets and wanted to see me in September. He's crazy right? Oh boy! is he really infatuated of me? I asked myself. Don't blame yourself Lira, it's your fault! (lol).

Days won't pass without us talking over the net and the phone. We just found ourselves fallin more and more.

To make this story short, we met and got engaged in September 2006 in Manila. He stayed with me and my family for a week in my hometown, General Santos City.

Followed to that, by October of the same year, Chad filed for my K-1 visa for US which took like over 7 months to process.

The first won't be the last as they say. Chad came back to the Philippines to see me in April of 2007, a month prior to my embassy appointment for interview. We were in Manila for like a week and away from my family. We wanted to share our time all alone.

Fastforward...May came and it was time for my interview, I passed it and was able to get my visa. Prior to the interview, Chad already bought my plane ticket to the USA. I left my family and my country on the 25th of the same month and flew to California where Chad was waiting for me.

July is our month. We got married on July 07, 2007 in a civil ceremony attended by his close friends and family. This coming July, we are expecting for Baby Dannielle to complete our family. and here is rest

No comments: