Saturday, July 26, 2008

Solo Travel-Easy & Fun


One of the greatest joys in life is solo travelling! I've traveled through Central America, Colombia and Thailand solo, and had the time of my life. Now that I'm married, I don't go it alone, but I can't recommend solo travel more highly!

If you're like me, you had 0 international travel experiences as a youngster. Growing up in a Midwestern farm town, pleasure travel was usually a car trip to the next state to visit relatives. Going to a 2nd or 3rd world country was seen as madness. It's too bad, so many of my peers have never discovered this amazing planet.

As a traveler I've learned no matter how different other cultures are, people are all the same. We all are looking for happiness, some of us are just blessed to live in relatively wealthy nations.

If your interested in finding love overseas, get your travel legs under you. Foreign bride agencies are a great tool, but there is no substitute for making your own path, meeting locals, talking to them about their lives. Despite the collective disdain Americas recieve as a whole, the single American traveler is treated with defference and respect.

Say goodbye to travel agents and planners and buy a guidebook. Throughout my and now our travels, we've never planned a trip ahead of time despite flipping through a guidebook for interesting options. Guidebooks like Lonely Planet are excellent and thurough, once you've used them to travel, you'll NEVER let someone else plan your trip or make decisions about what you WANT to see.

Best,

Matt
and here is rest

No comments: